To: Our Valued Customers
Subject: Contact Surface Compatibility with Cleaning Agents and Disinfectants
In response to requests for product cleaning guidelines, OEM Controls and OEM Data Delivery provide the following information for safely cleaning our products while maintaining the integrity of the surface being cleaned.
Make sure that you read and understand all directions and hazards described on the labels and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS or SDS) of any chemical utilized. Ensure the cleaning agent/chemical is recommended for use on the intended surfaces. OEM cannot speak to the long-term effects of the various cleaning agents on any specific product or component.
Here are suggestions that minimize adverse effects on component surfaces:
- Soap and water (use per Health Organization Guidelines)
- 70% Isopropyl alcohol (Isopropanol pre-packaged wipe cloth)
- Non-bleach disinfecting wipes (preferred) or spray.
Avoid solvent-based solutions and bleach.
We recommend additional precautions for the cleaning of displays:
- The use of abrasive cleansers or solvents may damage the display window.
- Do not scrub the display window.
- Do not use brushes on the display window.
Clean the display by performing the following procedure:
- Turn the machine off.
- Use a clean sponge or use a soft cloth when cleaning the display.
- Clean the display with a mild soap or detergent or other products deemed safe for monitors/displays.
- To avoid water spots, dry the display with a chamois or clean towel.
For concerns regarding the proper methods for disinfecting equipment in light of COVID-19, OEM Controls, Inc. and OEM Data Delivery defer to guidelines set forth by the CDC and WHO.
Keith A. Amato
Compliance Engineering Manager